<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Paying his debt to society 

With only 24 hours to go before he heads for a seven year stretch in prison, a guy has a series of last day experiences with people closest to him and they have a few intense experiences of their own.

Spike Lee's masterpiece

25 Hours (2002)

with Edward Norton, Bryan Cox, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Rosario Dawson, Anna Paquin and Barry Pepper.

Various thugs both federal and underworld accompany this group of people.

This film has some of everything. Even a dog.

It is post 911 in New York, just.

It has best friends, hot lovers, great dad and son stuff.

Encyclopedic.

The acting here is superb. We must also include New York City in the cast. It plays a crucial role. The photography is stunning including some aerial scenes of ground zero, combing through the wreckage as does our hero who is going to pay big for his crimes. I don't think the metaphor gets stretched too far. Lee is careful and respectful.

I put this at a definite 5 out of Netflix5 which means that I will see it again. Every scene is worth watching.

Spoiler: I was worried about the dog but I need not have. He has a crucial role as well. A good guy who is well taken care of.

A note. I got tired of putting inaccurate trailers of films I like in the blog. I am done with it. Go find your own trailers but better yet go see the film.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?