<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 11, 2013

Identity crisis 

The story of the Buckleys, father Tim and son Jeff, both tragically gone after short careers, probably worth several movies.

This biopic is really a tribute to the songs and spirit of both singers.

I enjoyed it although a lot of other people did not, apparently, for extraneous reasons like the film did not have the approval of the Buckley estate or that the star, Penn Badgely's only claim to fame is a television series.

Greetings From Tim Buckley (2012)

But I am naive and only am a fan of dad Buckley when he was alive and I was listening.

It is fashionable to tear this kind of film apart. I enjoyed it and felt emotionally involved so at the end I had a nice teary reaction.

So to the critics, I am giving it a 4 out of Netflix5 and go fuck yourselves.

It just pisses me off.

There is a nice video at the NYT review.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?