<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I had the rug pulled out from under me on a bank account. The brokership changed hands and the account that formerly had a debit card and check writing discontinued check writing and didn't tell any of us. Not only that but they continued to pay the checks so there wasn't any reason to be concerned until they didn't. Pay the checks. Two returned checks from Amex and a few others later (I couldn't figure out what was going on at first) and I am getting it all restored as it is available just not in the transfer. A double bolix in that my account manager didn't know about it either. I-fucking-magine that. So, no harm done with Amex, as it turns out although it will go on my un-blemished record (I think that I wrote the wrong amount on a check ten years ago) which I have had for over 40 years. The others, Blue Cross and another thing sent notices that the checks were not paid, I sent new checks and that was that. I have worked hard to keep up and not have anything like this and then, well, no fault, no real trouble and move on.

Today's film was a talker, about story telling. Francois Ozon, a great and prolific French director. In the House (2012) And Fabrice Luchini, also a favorite, as a teacher who gets too involved with a student who writes well. He begins to coach him and things go a bit out of hand. Real life begins to distort along with the story. Kristen Scott Thomas as his wife. Another fave. Wow. What a movie. A definite 4 out of Netflix5. The kid is played by a young actor who can hold his own with these powerful stars, Ernst Umhauer.

We lost power for a couple of hours tonight.I was sitting at the computer and pfffft. It was a transformer right outside our condo unit. The whole line of units was out but not any other sections. We were especially chosen. I had moussaka in the oven and it was just about done, not quite but enough. Then we diddled around in the dark and I went to bed early. Now I am up because I can't stand not having the clocks set and after this I will go back to bed. Maybe a half hour of sleep lost if that. No damage done. I hung out with the guys for awhile outside and they told me that they had turned the transformer off themselves. They had been up the street most of the day replacing a blown transformer and when it went on, ours tested as not OK. They told me that it was good for it to happen this way rather than for it to blow as it kicks the shit out of all the lines and since we are underground they have to monkey around with repairs which take a lot longer. When it blows up. They don't mean it explodes but it does sort of. I really don't get it. I suppose that shows doesn't it? Ours was a lot smaller than the one in the picture. The most impressive part was the scale and power of the huge trucks. Derricks, machinery, all kinds of shit on them. Big heavy iron.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?