<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Bummer 

Today's change of pace film is a total collapse.

Takeshi Kitano, the tough guy film hero is out of his element here.

Kikojiro (2000)

And so was I.

I think the intent is to take the hard boiled character that Kitano plays in most of his films and put him with a small kid for a day of baby sitting is meant to show a collapse in the tough guy personna when faced with a smart ass kid.

The collapse is total as most of the comedy, broad to overboard, is tough to take most of the time. Slapstick with a serious demeanor doesn't take. Or maybe it is Japanese humor lost in translation.

I did a lot of FF on this hoping some redemption would occur. No luck.

That makes it a 2 out of Netflix5. It would be as weird to see a comic trying to be a serious samurai or tough guy villain.

It has been awhile since I saw a stinker so I was due for one. This is it.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?