<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Unprecedented 

Today's movie was the continuation of a filming project that has lasted over fifty years and I have been around for most of it>

56 Up (2012)

I am not sure when I caught up with this. I don't think 20 years ago. 25? It cannot be 50 can it?

In any case, I have watched the latest update on these people every 7 years since they were kids.

It is a long trek because there is all this history but the director Michael Apted who was just a researcher on the original program has kept it up and kept in touch and, despite some of the people wanting out, has been able to keep it going and going very well.

In short, it is fascinating.

The people have now become part of the whole thing. They have ideas about the project and their own participation. Sometime reluctant to do it at all.

It is hard to watch because I don't like all of them either. But that is not the point.

That they are all British with British opinions on the system does not hinder.

These are people I have come to know and it is very satisfying to be able to visit with them yet again.

This has to be a 5 out of Netflix5 because I keep coming back to it.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?