<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 15, 2013

Kindle feedback 

You may recall that I jumped into the Kindle with four feet.

I have been using it for awhile.

I like it very much.

I like the physical part of it. Handheld. Light. Easy to read. Flexible. I got the Paperwhite 3G so it will work on my home wireless or, away, on a free phone line signal, anywheresville.

I like the "plan". The way the software works. It is fairly easy to navigate and successfully intuitive.

I have bought enough books to know that it will work for me on a variety of reading. Nonfiction. Fiction. Novelty books, I bought Demetri Martins sort of cartoon book. It reproduces art very nicely.

I am not sure of photos. I am reading a biography with photos which are clear enough but not quite big enough. This could be the real book's situation too or not. Photos are rarely clear enough or large enough for me in any books especially when they are not on glossy inserts.

I am using it in the gym every day. I am using it pretty much the way I would read a real book but it has one advantage. I can decide at the gym which book I want to read of those in the works (usually three books at a time) and I can read this one, then that one, even another one if I wish.

Disappointments? Few. I was expecting better prices for the Kindle. More of a 9.99 ceiling, and that is not the case. Especially the newer ones.

I am disappointed in the Lending Library, see below. But since it is an extra cost item, it is not something I expected as part of the basic package.

Not a criticism, but there are a lot of features that I will not use.

I do not underline or fiddle around with a book. You can do this on the Kindle but I won't. I have not yet used the feature of definition. Hold your finger down on the word and you get a definition or a small explanation.

All in all, it is a success.

I cannot, unfortunately take a read book and give it to John to read. Or give a used book to the library. But John doesn't want to have a Kindle. The library has no idea.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?