<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Florida 

We have been waiting for the humidity.

The "monsoon".

And what we wait for we usually get.

The hot and dry desert air gets a bit wet every year when the lows swirl the wrong way and bring in the dread high comfort index (over 60). Also afternoon and evening thunder and lightning.

This years started just about on time a couple of days ago.

It is not as bad as I remember it but I vary in my response to it every year.

My other boys do not like it.

There is one advantage, in a way. The day temps do not go up as high because the sky is more cloudy. Today, almost total.

Down side is that there is no radiation cooling at night. The nights don't cool off either.

No open house when I get up at 245AM.

Did I mention I have changed my wake time to 15 minutes earlier?

Yes, it is a long story but mostly I have a slightly longer commute to my morning meeting three times a week. It is better to just make it a daily standard than to "tell" my subconscious the there are only three early days.

So it is supposed to be sticky until the end of the week. Then back to "normal".


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?