<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 24, 2013

PIPING

I went to the Urologist today and reviewed the results of my tests taken over the last several weeks.

It turns out that I still have some bladder function but not enough to be self sufficient. I think I knew that but this confirms.

So there is an option of opening up the pipe through the prostate to see if I could get a functioning bladder back. 70-80% that the procedure would work. If it does not, I would still need to self catheterize. If it does I might need to self catheterize occasionally.

So I am letting the operation or "procedure" option sit on the back burner and will go next Tuesday to learn how to do my own procedure. Every four or five hours depending on water intake. It is pretty simple. The gear is straightforward. I already "took lessons" on YouTube. These will be one on one. It is pretty common.

If it doesn't work for me or I decide to go ahead with the operation I can do it at my leisure and not rush it in.

Also I get the bag off my leg.

Gym and shorts and a normal life can resume. I will be on my bike at Golds Wednesday morning.

They didn't want to do the lessons today nor did I as we are heading into a weekend and a holiday weekend at that.

I think it is good news. I knew there were not going to be any miracle cures.

Besides, they say that old timers should have hobbies and work with their hands. Mind body practice.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?