<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 28, 2013

YOU CAN TAKE A GUY OUT OF BOSTON BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE BOSTON OUT OF THE GUY

I am 15 years away from the great city in which I lived for many many years.

I still get a lump in my throat over this.

Mayor Menino will not Seek a Sixth Term

Menino was coming in during my late period.

He was a vastly underrated mayor mostly because of his down low way of talking and acting. They called him "Mumbles". Not nice.

But he came in on the end of the lavishly corrupt Kevin White administration. The one that started with such high promise, actually did some good stuff, then faded into scandal and controversy.

Menino took the good stuff baton and ran with it.

A low key guy. A drone, a worker bee.

It will be fun to see who tries to fill his shoes.

I knew some of the White gang and they all disparaged Menino. He showed them his stuff and passed them on the track. Surpassed.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?