<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SHOCKER

I went to visit with my friend John at the gym this morning.

He was working out at the weight rack. The dumbbells.

As I started to say hi, I noticed that something radical had happened.

They have bought a whole new rack of weights.

That is a lot of weights. Maybe thirty feet from one end to another.

They are great looking.

I didn't pick one up.

I told John I would try to use the free weights next week.

He laughed.

He knows that I have pretty much forsaken free weights for the safety and comfort of the machines. There are many choices, none really the same as a free weight workout but still. I am an older guy.

I need a softer landing.

There was some sadness here.

I have used the old weights in this gym for maybe 20 years. I used to come for vacation and went to Golds when it was way out near the newspaper plant. The other side of the airport.

They were a bunch of mismatched, rickety weights. Many of them would unscrew themselves as you worked out. Actually not integral, just a bunch of weights on a bar.

I didn't ask where they went. I would be too tempted to go and see if I could get, maybe just the 7.5 weights as a souvenir.

The good old days.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?