<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 31, 2013

OPTING OUT

Since the election I have been getting daily emails soliciting my support of the Obama campaign's after life.

A kind of social action thing with an agenda which isn't very clear. More of the same. Organizing for Action. I got three emails today!

I am still an Obamaphile. I support what he is doing or trying to do.

But I have qualms about the kind of thing his former people are doing now.

Barack is not running again. It is over.

Someone else will come on with the show. It might be Hillary or Joe or any number of other new generation Democrats.

But this kind of operation is not my cup of tea. It seems like having an organization for the sake of having an organization. And keeping some people employed.

The Obama Administration is what I want to support. Not a shadow organization. I think that is actually very dangerous and not even in his best interest.

So. I am busy taking myself off the mailing lists which is harder than you might think. They really do not want to take "no thanks" for an answer. But I am persistent.

When all this started, they had a meme where they asked if I was "in". I said yes. I sent the maximum money.

Now there are asking me about this thing. I am not in. I am out.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?