<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 08, 2013

NO ID

This actually happened to me in the St. Regis hotel in NYC.

Everything now is covered by security cams.

Two differences. One was that I was sort of sleep walking. I awoke pretty fast when the door shut.

Two was that I found an old telephone at a table in the hall and called down.

A house detective came and let me in the room.

He told me that the phone I used was not supposed to work.

He thought it was pretty funny. I did not.

Once I was in the room, he came and knocked to see if everything was OK. A way of checking that there was no one else in there.

Then he/they called me a few minutes later. "Is everything all right?". I think that is when they asked my name. A final check whether it was really me. As if someone would be walking the halls balls naked pretending to be someone who didn't live in the hotel. Well, maybe.

That was the end of it.

Don't finish work, on an empty stomach, and have two or maybe three black russians before you go to bed.

And they wonder why I quit drinking. This was just one of those kind of stories.

I laughed a lot in watching this poor guy. He doesn't look drunk but it is pretty foolhardy to do what he did none-the-less. Or stupid. So maybe he was. Drunk.

I identified almost completely.


Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?