<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

MEMOIRE

Today's movie was the second half of the NYTimes Critics' Pick film by RaĆ¼l Ruiz

The Mysteries of Lisbon (2010)

Impossible to summarize. The dreams of a young man gently meld into the memories of people that he meets in his life and then come back to the present time.

It would be impossible to summarize the many stories contained in this work but the story teller's art is so successful that the entire piece works together to provide an experience of being that is new and from a different perspective.

The effect is, as the Times guy says, a realization that we are but footnotes in our own lives with others.

Or something.

It does not need a moral or a conclusion although I know what it is. I just cannot say it out loud in a cohesive way. Well, why should I? It is here in Ruiz' film.

I would be happy to see this again and get some things which I am sure that I missed the first time through. There are many "tricks" both of the eye and of identity. Some of the same actors appear in other's stories. They could be the same people but do not have to be. Fascinating in and of itself but you can't stay with that as the stories move on. Don't miss the train!

I will give it a 4 out of Netflix5.

This is pretty good. Listen.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?