<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

TESTS

It is always something.

But for me, the somethings are, fortunately, serial in nature.

I am talking about health stuff.

By serial, I mean that there is this thing, then that gets over and soon it is another thing. Once that clears up I get another thing.

Nothing all at once.

Good huh?

So now, the next thing looks like a kidney thing.

My test this time was, one more time, a little higher on the kidney function test.

Doctor Jim called this morning with the results. We don't discuss the part where I have good results for everything else. Notably PSA and HIV although the chance for me getting HIV is about the same as getting gonorrhea from a door knob. Never touch those knobs that way.

No. Nothing about the good stuff. All about the kidney function. An elevated creatinine test. Not bad. Just, well, irritated.

So I am to go see Doctor Jim's "kidney guy". He will review meds that I take particularly the blood pressure stuff and anything else. I suppose he won't want me taking as much aspirin as I do. But I don't know.

So I asked Jim if it was serious. He said "no" but he doesn't want it to be that is why we do these tests. Well, I am glad they finally turned up something.

I asked if I should line up one or two of my kids as kidney donors. He said "not yet". A chuckle there from a famously taciturn doc.

I don't even have to call Doctor Stone (good name for a kidney guy, huh). He will call me. Or someone will.

So I went to my Meeting and about the third person I talked to about this (we tell each other shit like this so we don't hang on to it all by ourselves) has had (some kind of initials) kidney disease, (ends in KD). He has had it for five years.

He said that he isn't sure what they do for it. He has some pills and goes to see the doc more often than he thinks he should have to. But the main thing is that there are no physical symptoms. It is silent.

Now, my friend looks a bit worn around the edges but he is 85! He laughs when he talks about his kidney problems.

That is good enough for me.

Another friend asked if I was one of those who goes to the internet to see all I could about it.

Nahhh. Not me.

But I did find this.

I don't know what my BUN is. Maybe I should just wait until I see the nephrologist.

Did you know that they put medical lectures on "the YouTube"?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?