Tuesday, February 05, 2013
HILLARY
I got an email today, I think on the old mailing list or maybe on the new one that I just signed up for.
It is from Bill and Chelsea Clinton.
As we welcome Hillary home, we couldn't be more proud of what she's accomplished or more humbled by her commitment to making our country and our world stronger, safer, and better.Now I don't like this kind of thing normally. Email prompts to sign petitions, send a note of happy thoughts, whatever. And I will not respond to this one.Over the past four years, she's traveled to 112 countries, more than any other Secretary of State in our nation's history – and while this sometimes meant we saw her less often than we'd like, we're so grateful for the millions of lives she's touched and the change she's inspired across the globe.
So as she steps down as Secretary of State, we hope you'll join us in thanking Hillary for all she's done.
But if anyone doubts that the old Clinton machine has its gears in motion, you better think twice.
And now, Chelsea is on the scene.
Now it is a nice thing. No doubt. But the "thing" is just a bit heavy handed in the old Clinton heavy handed style which is one of the reasons I looked away from Hillary in the first place. That was in the 2008 primary.
They better watch their step. There are going to be some banana peels ahead. People just love Hillary but the same ones sometimes don't admire Bill. I am mixed myself. But I have my hand on my wallet. As far as Chelsea is concerned I personally have no thoughts at all. Remember Amy Carter. That is my thought.
Hillary is first class, always. But when Bill gets into it, we have to remember about "slick willy" and that kind of cheesy, over the top shit he was and still is famous for.
Just look at that photo. Ol' Bill looks like he already has his hand in the cookie jar.
Labels: Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton