<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 24, 2013

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Today's film was the remake of the Israeli film

The Debt (2010)

with Helen Mirren and Tom Wilkinson as an older couple and a lover (Ciaran Hinds), with a history in Mossad, the Israeli counter terrorist intelligence service.

Flashbacks tell the story and then the real story is stitched together. In short. A coverup.

The younger version of the threesome are not very close to the older in appearance which I found distracting even confusing the two men.

They are after a "butcher" from the holocaust camps. Jesper Christensen is great in this, frothing at the mouth. They let him be himself at the two ages. I don't much like this kind of casting "magic".

I also don't watch remakes and I didn't know that this was done before or I might not have rented it.

In any event, I am renting the original soon. It is on the way.

This is really a thriller with its heart in WWII and the postwar East Germany.

It is exciting enough and enjoyable.

I don't worship at the shrine of Hellen Mirren but she is pretty good in it.

I am sure that they hired expensive vocal coaches but I could have done without the vaguely Israeli accents which were the same as for the jew hating german.

I would give it a 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?