Sunday, December 02, 2012
FLY ON THE GREENupdated

Clinton and Obama played golf together today at Joint Base Andrews.
U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and longtime Clinton backer and strategist Terry McAuliffe, who's running for governor in Virginia in 2013, golfed along.
Obama/Clinton is not a simple relationship but it is certain Bill bowed his back to help out in the election.
In return for the favor, I hope Barack gave Bill a few of his cherished mulligans. When he was in "power" he just took them.
I would love to hear the talk.
The photo is from another day. I bet they wore more clothes today. It was 55 in D.C.
What is interesting about this is that Obama does not play social golf. He does not mingle with other politicians socially. He does not schmooze. Even with Democrats.
This is one more reason that I admire him.
He is a loner. He is, in all probability, an introvert. Someone who does not like or do small talk. He is engaged with people when he has a purpose and when he is in charge or the object of attention.
He is marvelous when engaging with crowds, strangers, people with whom he feels an affinity without need for engaging.
I don't know that anyone has mentioned this or sees it. I do. I am the same way.
He does have friends. All introverts do. But they are more often than not people who are normal. People who are without affect and have no interest in him because of his position.
The normal golf partners are always Marv Nicholson, the travel director now body man although they don't call him that. And a few others on staff who Obama likes and trusts as just guys. The young Korean American Eugene Kang who I wrote about recently.
I actually don't give a shit who he plays golf with but I am fascinated by the social dynamic and the personality.
I bet he has a whole lot more fun playing with Kang and the others.

Labels: Barack Obama, Bill Clinton