<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 04, 2012

WILDLIFE

Yesterday morning, while putting in my many eyedrops, I saw a flash out of the side of my eye and thought that there was something wrong with the new eye.

Then, it flashed again.

Shit! A mouse in the bathtub, trying to get out.

Up the sides and slipping back and dropping a turd every time.

This could be the mouse that ran into the house the other morning when Booker went out to pee. He was right at the corner of the closed screen but there are at least two inches there so Booker flushed him, he ran and went somewhere. For awhile we thought into the broom closet. Booker looked three or four times.

So. Now in the tub. And I was not going to call Booker. No way. He would end the episode but not in a way that I would like.

So I threw my sleeping shorts over the mouse, maybe a rat, and then picked him up in the folds and went outside.

The last thing I saw of him he was running for the bushes.

I am so compassionate that I actually thought perhaps I should have released him out front which was the side he came in on. No, not this time.

Today about noon, there was a line of ants from the trash area to the sink. We have not had ants in a long while. Now we do.

There is no way out of having ants here. We can slow them. I use Johnson natural insecticide. Ground up marigolds or something. And, I brought out the ant traps again. They work too.

OK. So then later this afternoon, I was peeing, sitdown and heard gurgles. Twice. Three times. I thought maybe my stomach growling.

No. I got up to flush and there was a baby lizard in the toilet water.

Too much. I have tried to capture lizards before. They break their own tails, the wiggle, they are impossible.

I like lizards, I really do, so I gave him a fighting chance. I flushed the toilet three times.

They are amphibious and I am sure that there are many lizards in the sewer lines. If not, there is one now.

I feel a little guilty but not too much. On average, I saved a life, spared some lives, the ants I need to visit the ant traps, and did an chancy thing with a lizard. I don't feel too guilty, well, a little. I will get over it.

Here is what came up from Google images when I typed in lizard and mouse.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?