<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 11, 2012

ORION

It happens every fall.

I am outside in the morning with Booker. Waiting for him to pee and sniff out the overnight activity.

I look up at the sky and see it.

Orion!

The only constellation that I know and can always find in the sky when it is there. Which will be about six months.

Then he is gone.

I belonged to the Astrology Club and our first night, Mr. Ravelli took us up on a hill near the school to look at the sky. The first constellation he showed us was Orion.

The club either never met again or I never returned. Whatever. So this is the only constellation that I every learned. Hence, the only one I know.

Oh, I know the Big Dipper when I see it but I don't really look for it or know where to look. Finding it is an accident. I have never, ever been able to locate the North Star.

There are the Pleiades. Where are they? Dunno.

But always Orion. And he is still here all the way out here in California.

Today!

The first morning I have seen him.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?