<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 09, 2012

MEDS

Two days of lower, healthier blood pressure numbers in the "safe" range.

Sweet.

That would mean, provisionally based on my Doc's approval Tuesday, that I can have the lightest possible dosage of the two drugs usually used to control it.

That would be hydrochlorothiazide--12.5 mg #30, a diuretic, and lisinopril 10mg tabs #60 which is, historically, the third ACE inhibitor (after captopril and enalapril) and was introduced into therapy in the early 1990s. It is used for a lot of stuff. Heart, blah blah blah. Look it up.

Both are generic. Two dollars at the copay - for me.

He had given me permission to double both doses which is now one a day.

I am not that worried any more but I am still on my program of weight loss and salt reduction.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?