<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 03, 2012

GOOD NEWS

So you don't get upset when I start with my going to Urgent Care (the new one just up the street) for very high blood pressure.

I mentioned that I left the surgery on my eye with high blood pressure and and then over the days it increased so that today, on the new machine I bought off Amazon, I was measured to be in dangerous territory.

So I quit being my own doctor and went to see a real one who was really great. This new facility just around the corner from us is state of the art.

It seems that I have had some kidney disfunction. We knew this but were not alarmed. Swollen ankles. Like that. But the surgeries, the stress and the addition of daily prednisone steroid drops flipped a switch and the body cried uncle. Very good long answers and a prescription which will work for me until I see my own Dr. Jim on Tuesday morning. A diuretic that will make me pee more out and take off the pressure.

Dr. Jim uses the urgent care as his emergency room.

I am OK. I am getting better. I am monitoring my blood pressure daily with my new machine and I am enjoying the process. Once I knew what was going on.

Don't worry.

A small price to pay for the great vision I am having. If I could only show you the sparkly frozen food cabinets in the super market. Or the layers, actual three d layers of the clouds. And mountains.

And so on.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?