<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 12, 2012

BIG DAY

I went and spoke at another Meeting this morning. One I do not normally attend.

It was a good thing. A different crowd. Many from recovery houses. Nice. Newcomers.

I don't go around to other Meetings much and this was a nice puff of new air.

I came home and picked John up and we went to a party for one of my sponsees. Ten years clean and sober. Very nice.

Almost all the people there were "related" to me somehow. One of those things where one just walks around and says hello, eats lunch and an hour has gone by.

I have to admit that this was a pretty good party especially for an orthodox introvert.

It helps when people already love you and you don't have to earn it in any way.

If you know what I mean.

They had lots of young men in and out of the pool. Never hard to take. And some older ones as well. Me included. Out of the pool.

It was very hot but the house was perfect size for the gang that was there and going in and out.

There was a disc jockey (working outside, in the shade, but still) and one of those twenty foot long sandwiches. Very nice.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?