<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 27, 2012

ALCOHOLIC HAZE

Today's movie was the cult British movie

Withnail and I (1987)

Two out of work actors live together in an unbelievably sordid dump and drink a lot.

Withnail is by far the most outrageous and irresponsible. "I" is the person who keeps saving his bacon.

The humor here is on going. Continuing. Like a mash up. Line after line which cultists, to this day, still repeat and quote to one another with great belly laughs.

Some of this went over my head. It is British. It is delivered totally straight. And, it is all very very alcoholic.

As Ebert says, only hard drinkers are likely to identify with a lot of it. I have to say that I was not that kind of drinker. And, I don't drink any more. I suspect that the latter is a qualification.

Nevertheless it is a lot of fun to watch and if the viewer can watch the absolute grunge of constant rain and messed up living arrangements it is enjoyable.

I am glad I saw it. Once is enough. A 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?