<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DAY AFTER

I went for the day after post op this morning.

Dr. Ho.

They looked at the eye, checked the pressure and gave me an eye chart to read.

My vision with the new lens, which has been pretty much clear all day, was perfect. Even better than that. One line over 20/20.

It is amazing. I have to admit. I can see shit that I haven't really noticed. Detail. Colors. Sparkles on grass and other shiny objects.

It is hard to describe.

She gave me a high five.

Remaining question is whether I should opt for the other eye to be for close vision.

She will call me in a week.

I think the deal is to see how well I do with one eye working to the best possible and the other being sort of a closeup only lens. The brain has to be able to merge the signals. After a week I will get a good idea of whether that works for me or not. It is working better every hour so I suspect that is what will happen.

The left eye is already like, good in close reading, and if it didn't have its cataract in it, would probably just be left alone.

So. We shall see what we shall see when we see it.

See you later!

If I had known cataract surgery was this boring I would have done it long ago.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?