<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

EPIC

I finally finished the favorite gay "film" number 22.

"

Which is a film made of a 6 hour HBO production based on the play and directed by Mike Nichols.

There is a lot of star power in this film and sometimes it gets in the way but, overall, it is a thrilling experience to watch and experience and I am glad that I did it.

There is a lot of stuff about and around Roy Cohn in this film and he has been in my life one way or another for many years. Al Pacino plays the role intensely of course, it is Al, and he includes a piece of humanity in it. There is a bid for compassion which succeeds at times.

The film is all gay. It is the gayest film I have seen. But the full spectrum. Gay people as people. It is nice to see this.

All of this is around the worst time of the HIV/AIDS onset. The early years. Pre AZT. I lived through that too. Friends gone. Worries that I might be infected. All that.

There is a guy who is in the closet even to himself and comes out. Familiar territory there too.

I watched it in pieces so there might have been something lost in the interruptions. The original had one "intermission". I had three. And I missed a day or two in between. My judgement might have suffered a bit.

I am glad that I saw it. I am not likely to see it again. But I could, if it came to pass that it was on the menu sometime.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?