<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 09, 2012

SAGA CONTINUES

I posted that I had a fraudulent use of my AMEX card in Las Vegas while I held the card in my hand here in Palm Springs. So weird.

They said it was swiped through the reader in the store. They can now transcribe from one card to another without touching yours. Mostly gas stations which don't have secure readers on the pump. My friend Youssef who owns three Gulf stations in town spent $60,000 to get them after Citibank came and opened his pumps to find readers installed. Easy to do. People have the keys to the pump and just set them up. They read remotely.

It was very upsetting. I won't have to pay any of it and in CA you only have to pay $50 dollars max. They went to Macy's, $900 plus and then to Burberry where they spent over $2000, having made it through Macy where we have a history of some bigger purchases. I got the fraud alert while I was at my machine and we pulled the card immediately. I had to change at all the sites where I have an automatic payment set up. Not too many.

I figure that I got mugged at a gas station so today when I got gas, I paid cash and intend to do so from here on out. It is 5 cents per gallon cheaper for cash anyhow. Since this happened almost every other person I told has had a similar experience. It is epidemic.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?