<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 16, 2012

THE CRICK RISES

I got a crick in my back yesterday. Lower back pain. Spasms actually.

I was leaning over the sink washing my hands and when I turned to get the towel, zowie!

It is familiar. On and off since I was a kid. Mostly off. It comes on about once a year. So this is it.

Often I will get a little pain down there, lasts a day and gone. Not this one.

So I am blitzing it.

Full dose of ibuprofen and tylenol at the same time. Like I learned from the dentist. It works! Both relieving pain and doing the anti-inflammatory thing.

I am sitting on the hot pad right now. That does a lot. I didn't use it yesterday. A reluctant adopter of good remedies, me. But set it up today and I could feel the relief in the first hour.

I also went to the gym and did everything but the back extensions which are a pretty direct hit on what might be the site of the spasms.

Stretches, weights, the bike for half an hour.

It is better this afternoon.

I am optimistic.

I used to have chronic back pain and saw a chiropractor once a month for years. But that was more for the protruded disc that I had achieved. It actually went back in. The adjustments were a success. I never had that kind of sciatic pain again.

But this is different. When I had it in the midst of chiropractie, she always treated it separately. Heat, stretches and normal activity, Sometimes a narrow belt around my middle but I always thought that was the witchcraft part of it.

It will be over soon.

I tried going to a local chiro for this and he had the electro or diathermy "cure" out with a prescribed number of sessions.

My doctor is envious of chiropractors who always require a number of treatments and almost always know exactly how many. He is more amused than anything. But he believes it is the only thing that works and uses it himself. Hey, if they say you need twenty minutes of the electro therapy for five sessions and you get better, who will question it?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?