<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 17, 2011

A LONG LINE OF DAYS

Today, I have been sober for 32 years.

And it is just another day in a line of them.

You know, the idea of "a day at a time" is not that one only has to endure suffering for one day as some people believe. Self Pity is not an asset.

Rather, "one day at a time", recognizes a spiritual fact. A day is all we have.

This day.

Here and now.

Living to the fullest.

A life second to none.

I do not claim to have any secrets for living this way. I was just told to do it.

To be humble and do what I could to help others like me. That is about it. Anything else has come from hanging out with people who I want to emulate. Seeing how they do it. Following along.

No magic. Just some simple work.

I am so grateful.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?