<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 18, 2011

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND

I came home early enough to see a film today and I had the enjoyment of seeing the first half of the second disc of the first season of Legend of the Seeker which I have written up before.

Cheap thrills. It is quite exciting and beautiful to say nothing of Craig Horner who manages to take his shirt off at least once every episode. This time twice.

I am on Episode 5 and 6. There are 22 to go in the first season.

This series is syndicated, made in New Zealand and is gorgeous to watch although now that we are into the series, some trees and rocks look a bit familiar.

I love this kind of thing. Not just because of Craig Horner but because it is a well written serial in the grand tradition. Like the ones I first watched when television was young.

There are great battles and even better escapes. A sort of kung fu film style overlays the traditional sword and sorcery formula.

Based on the books by Terry Goodkind.

If you think that Horner is too young to be legendary you would be right. He is a bit naive and callow and does not know his stuff yet. He learns a new "lesson" from the wizard friend every episode. So do we.

It is very nice. A good filmic break from the more serious stuff I watch all the time.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?