<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 01, 2011

OR GONE

I mentioned my cataracts to a few friends.

One came to me later and handed me some paper. A description of a treatment method for a wide variety of ills.

I raised my back a bit but took the paper. It wasn't until I read it back home that I realized this "new" method was a late version of the Orgone Box, Willhelm Reich's discredited healing device from the 30s and 40s. Reich ended up discredited as well. And a little nuts.

The old version was that the foil lined box, you sit in it, collected a different energy from the universe. A sort of combination of electro magnetics and a belief that the Gods still sit on Olympus.

Look here.

It can have many variations. This one has something like a proton tube. Waves.

If you ever see a reference to "tin hat" people this is what they are talking about. There is still a church in the high desert that uses an upside down metal pyramid. You stand under it. I went to a meditation class (they were renting the space) there once.

This kind of thing happens in every decade one way or another. I am not surprised.

It is a little embarrassing though. I don't know, really, what to say to my friend. Not a close buddy but a nice guy.

I think, actually, that if you believe in this kind of thing it can have some positive effect. Good vibes in the mind would suffice for some ailments. Not cataracts.

When they start playing around with serious stuff it goes off the rails.

Since I am not a believer and these are my eyes I have no intention of getting close to it.

Maybe I can just say that.

I have found that people who are into this kind of thing are not easily thrown off the chase. They believe so hard that they don't get the subtle or even direct statements that say "no thanks".

I will try the "say nothing" approach for awhile.

Orgones.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?