<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

GO TO THE HOSPITAL AND DIE

Shocking. True. I have known this for a long time.

Graphic of the Day: Hospital Infections

Now, pay attention. The 1 in 7 is of the people actually infected. Not one out of seven admitted. But think about it.

I know way more than 7 people who have gotten infected while they were at the hospital. Way way more.

I am very paranoid about this. No one wants to go to a hospital. But I totally don't want to. I am afraid of medical facilities and I really, really, am not a paranoid person.

A friend had a knee replaced. She was not, frankly, in very good health to start with.

The site of the replacement went bad. Infected. They had to take the appliance out. She got a secondary infection which involved going back in and cleaning it out.

She has been in a rehab/nursing home for weeks, months, awaiting this thing to abate. Then they will open it up again, clean it out and put in a new knee. If she makes it and if there is not more infection.

She is not dead but, hell, it is too close a shave for my bet. And another quality of life thing.

Blah blah.

And we have the best medical system in the world. Didn't they say that? Those GOopers who didn't want any federal plan?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?