Thursday, August 04, 2011
BURN OUT
The air conditioning stopped working late yesterday.
Fortunately the contractor with whom we have a service agreement still had technicians out on the road and a guy was here by 630PM.
I left him to it and took Booker for his short hot weather night walk. When I came back it was running.
The service guy went through the routine and found that the compressor had kicked out either from overheating or an electrical surge.
He poured some water on the compressor to cool it off and reset it. So far so good.
I found out today that there have been a lot of power surges in the desert and that could be the reason. One of my workout friends is an AC guy.
There is no definitive answer. If it goes out again they will have to delve more deeply.
In the meantime, it has been working very well today.