<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 21, 2011

AMAZING

I read today that a memorial to Franklin Roosevelt, long delayed, is finally being built on Roosevelt Island in NYC.

The design, made in the sixties, had to be adjusted to compensate for the four inch rise in the East River resulting from global warming.

I have missed this. Four inches? Really?

In another article about eating bugs as a protein source, I read that The Netherlands is working hard on many projects to sustain themselves as the world changes. Of course, four inches and a lot more of water would affect them deeply. Not a pun.

I thought that I was well informed on the issue of climate change but I guess not. It is still a future thing for me. Something that would occur after I am gone.

Well, now it is in the present.

I am here and the water level is rising.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?