<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 08, 2011

STILL NOT MY CUPPA'

This appeared in the NYTimes this morning.

The Tea Party vs The Freeloader

I have been puzzled for quite awhile about how the Teas can so detest government programs and, at the same time, be sucking on the national tit themselves with Social Security, Medicare and, for the younger ones, all kinds of other use of government programs.

The research behind this article tells us why. These people feel entitled to benefits for themselves because they have worked for them and others have not.

This also answers why there is no inherent racism in many tea party actions and that such talk is shunned by the official Teas (even though there is a strain of racism in much of the other anti-Obama stuff, it does not appear in pure Tea circles.

Freeloaders! The welfare crowd. Young people who are on the dole and intend to stay there. Immigrants!

So, it is a new prism which I found very useful to look through.

I still do not agree with them at all but now I can see why some of the apparent contradictions appear.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?