<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 27, 2011

YEAR

Yesterday was the first anniversary of moving from our house to this condo.

We are very settled. It has the funny combination of feeling new, yet totally comfortable and homey.

"It" being us, the condo, the complex, the neighborhood and the entire situation.

To the extent that we moved to have an easier life, that has been realized. As I type, someone is worrying about trimming the palm trees. Someone else is paying for the pool to be cleaned. I didn't realize the load.

Financially, our expectations have been met. The costs are about what we thought. No exception. As a kind of celebration, we got our new property assessment the other day and that was in line with expectations too.

Downsizing is OK.

I am still waiting to totally miss something.

I had trouble at first with the absence of routine, the "worry" about whether the new guy would take care of "my" house and plants. I got over that pretty quickly. A friend suggested that I think about the money we made from the sale. Dollars can be a real nostalgia killer.

We got rid of a lot of stuff. I suppose that I have looked for or wanted something that is not here any more. But I couldn't tell you what it is.

Booker is very happy here. He seems more together. Once he learned the new boundaries he seemed more at ease. For one thing, we don't have as many varmints and animals here to bark or worry about. The neighbor's cat has lately been more interested in our courtyard and he doesn't like that but we had cat incursions in the old place.

The neighborhood is much better for dog and people walking. There are many directions with a wide variety of scenery and "smells". A park, the village, other neighborhoods. All very satisfying.

So it is a good deal. We are happy. A good decision and a good year.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?