<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 27, 2011

POST BEATLES LENNON

Todays movie was the A&E documentary

LENNONNYC (2010)

I got this to fill out the Lennon story after I saw Nowhere Boy which covers the time when he was 15 and just getting started with a band. Mostly, it is the story of his home life at that time and his coming of age. And his charismatic personality.

This documentary proved to be the perfect follow up.

First because it starts in 1970 and is post Beatles. Second because it features and rounds out the man who the boy became.

Pretty close. There are parts where his teen time is referred to as well as his personality which, really, is as interesting about Lennon as the music.

I had forgotten all the trouble he got in by associating with the peace movement and the Nixon attempts to get him deported. I didn't know about his "lost weekend" in LA after some difficulty with Yoko Ono. I was delighted to see his life after he recovers and becomes a dad and househusband.

The film ends with his death and deals with it in a particularly appropriate way. Hard to do.

This is a very good doc. I assume that most of it is true as there are a number of "outsiders" involved although the hand of Yoko is heavy indeed.

I liked it. I was moved. He was a great and very interesting man. True to himself. Honest with the world.

I would happily watch it again. I will give it a 4 out of Netflix5.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?