<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 13, 2011

LIFE, DEATH, REALITY, SEPARATION

Today's film was Kit Hung's

Soundless Wind Chime (2009)

This dreamy avant gardé looking first film is very interesting and I don't mean it in a perjorative way.

It is not a gay film although it is about a gay relationship in Hong Kong between young Cantonese and Swiss men.

The thing here is that you have to remember the first images and many people will not because, well, they aren't aware they are being asked to.

An art film veteran will know immediately through some weird images and changes of perspective that we are not going to get all the pieces fit together until later so watch these pieces now, goddamit.

I enjoyed it. In many ways, it is a sorrowful film but has many sweet parts and a rather nice resolution.

It will not get a development deal in the USA. It was not even reviewed much. I think I may have heard about it in Amazon in the "other items people have bought" section.

I don't think that I will buy this. It is a renter. But I will watch it once more later in the gay fest. That makes it a 5 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?