<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 03, 2011

ISN'T THE REAL THING PEPSI?

We buy the newish little 4 oz cans of diet coke. On Tuesday, the day after the holiday, they were out!

I had all but given up on caffeine but now I am hooked on this little bastards. One in the afternoon. With two pretzels. And Booker begging and getting the third.

OK. I am hooked on the pretzels too.

So, what? None of the pretty shiny little cans.

So I took the newer coke zero which is a black can. I looked the label over. It seemed the same.

And it is totally. There is no difference except that the black can is being marketed to men and the diet coke to women.

John thinks there is a flavor difference. There is no use in arguing the point. I even looked it up. They are the same. It is thought that in some locations, perhaps, there is a bit less aspartame in the zero.

Maybe that is it. Palm Springs has been singled out for an aspartame delta.

So, I am drinking the zero cans and John is finishing what we have of the silver bullet diet cokes. He will finish first, almost certainly. I don't go to the store until Tuesday and he is down to six cans. He has more than one a day.

None of this is important except to point out the utter triviality of most purchasing decisions. Well, at least those involving brown bubbly acidic sweet water.

To make it more trivial, you should know that we are in a test market and you may have no idea what the fuck I am talking about. Having never seen these sweet little cans.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?