<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 11, 2011

HERO

A Diplomat, He Isn’t: Prince Philip’s Tongue Remains Sharp as Ever

I usually wait until someone is dead to proclaim them a hero but Prince Philip is a special case. He hit 90 today and deserves an early mention.

I really like his grouchy persona and tendency to mouth what the press likes to call "gaffes".

I think of these gems as honest bits that you would like to say yourself. Breaking pretension. Putting an end to subterfuge and willy nillying.

He has no patience with the stupid question and has been knows to drop kick even the famous with a snap of the tongue.

It has to be hard to stay two steps behind and keep your hands behind your back for most of your professional life.

I actually admire him a great deal. More than her actually. He plays his role well and, I suspect, is given a bit of leash to say what the Queen really might think.

After all, I understand that they do sleep together. Pillow talk.

She gave him a great commander of the navy title today. Hers for all this time. Nice.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?