<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 16, 2011

DENTAL DEMOLITION DERBY

I went to the dentist yesterday.

It can make me crazy.

Not over the usual pain thing. This guy, who is really really good, a French Canadian who is so handsome that I want to do what he wants me to do.

But I won't. I am rebellious.

He wants to redo my upper mouth all at once. I don't want to spend the money or take out what really doesn't yet have to come out. It is a battlefield. Nicely played. Professionally. But I often feel in a bind and get mental tantrums beforehand about when and under what condition I will walk out. Or tell him to fuck off. I never do, but still.

Well, no battles this time. He came in, smelled as nice as ever, hovered over the xrays, went over my mouth and talked about the fact that sooner or later we would address the uppers but when we needed to.

I felt like I had WON. But not really. I had done the letting go of it, to not to make it a battle. And he, more or less, has come to see it my way. Maybe he is just sick of the tug of war.

Maybe his cash position has improved. See? I still have suspicions.

Did I mention that this has been going on for four or five years?

Anyway, I have no cavities and go back in October.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?