<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 18, 2011

CRATERED

We were here before the park was built.

Winslow Arizona Cashes In on a Rock Song

We have been everywhere that is weird that we could get to.

When we found ourselves near Winslow, AZ, we went for lunch but I don't think that it was on the corner that they have turned into a park.

They were innocent then. I imagine that thousands of people, like us, had been there and stood on a corner.

It isn't that I am in love with the song. I mean, it is not a bad song. I just liked Winslow AZ. And I wanted to see a pretty sight.

We also like ghost towns and we loved the blue bonnet hills in Texas with all the towns that "time forgot".

I can't off hand think of any other street corners that I have been to.

But here, they have taken a good thing and corrupted it with boosterism and commerce. I wouldn't go there now.

I like the stealth aspect.

Who voluntarily goes to a tourist trap?

I was near Winslow ten years later when I went to see the great meteorite crater. I didn't bother going into the town.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?