<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

FUN WITH THE HOMELESS

Yeh, I know it is too bad and all that but not in my backyard. All liberal impulses stop at the property line and, also, I am not a fan of the homeless anyway. If you are, then a tip of the hat to you and, obviously, you don't live cheek to jowl with any of them. You can send a donation to our local shelter which is a pretty good one.

This morning Booker went all watch-dog on us and, as it turns out, it was some homeless guy parking his shopping cart and stuff just over our wall. He jammed the cart into the new plantings that were just put there by the condo guys.

This is actually unusual. They usually park them in the evening before they go to the flop because they can't take their stuff with them. And they put them over in the desert under some trees that hang close to the ground. This was pretty visible from the street.

But here it was, the morning, and Booker called him out.

So the plan was that when John and Booker walked, John would pull the cart out and take it up the street to the vacant sand lot and just set it there.

I went to take a shower.

When I came out someone was pulling the cart out of the bushes. I figured that the guy had come back so I went out and hollered not to bring it back!

Ooooops.

It was John and Booker. They had left while I was showering and I didn't know it.

John, startled, said something as I realized it was him. So funny. I laughed for quite a while over this.

It is interesting that, when they got to it, Booker growled at the cart. He had the scent of his prowler. Good for him.

So the cart is gone and perhaps pilfered by others and tough shit. I hope it will develop that this particular hiding place is not safe.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?