<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 04, 2011

GETTING THE BEST SHOT

I have one of these cameras and always put it on automatic. The only time I used manual, I got a black and white photo by mistake. Which John loved, incidentally. An enlargement hangs in his bathroom.

I don't think that I have any special settings like "fireworks". Or if I do I have never found them.

But the rest of it? Doing my own settings? I am seriously out of synch with the whole thing.

I have pretty well learned to aim and focus and to avoid hot spots, contrast, a real problem with digitals.

When I come right down to it, I am mostly not interested.

We never look at the photos that we have.

I am reminded of my friend Jim's speculation. Some day, he will die and "they" will come to clean out the house. They will take a look at his photos of a long extended trip to China and say "here is the album of that time he went to China" and then toss it into the dumpster.

All of our prints are now in my iPhoto. The hard copy "old fashioned" film photos are in albums. A lot of them show a sandy beach, a sunset, palm trees and some people in bathing suits. No years, no names. Even less interesting than China.

Franklin and Booker are well documented and are probably curated more accurately than any of the humans.

We do have a lot of family and friend photos that have been sent to us. Those we look at. Keep them coming.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?