Wednesday, March 09, 2011
COLD STORAGE
We got the new freezer today.
It is a "little" one and fits right into the corner we found in the garage. And the door opens in the right direction too. We didn't know after we had picked it out.
Why a separate freezer?
I realized that I was spending undue time trying to figure out where to store stuff in the new french door, freezer drawer fridge that we got to replace the old unit that was here when we moved.
Neither begins to give the room I had in the old house with a huge side by side Ref/Frz and a small refrig in the garage.
What I am used to is to take advantage of discount ground beef (I get there in the AM when they turn the stuff from the day before and take off 1.50 to 2.00 per package. There is no room for bags of sliced turkey off a fresh breast. Or a quarter ham. Or the baked stuff I like to keep on hand. Bread from the bakery 5-6 loaves at a time. Less travel, although, now, the bakery is just around the corner.
So there it is.
I want to run it just above zero so that the ice cream dips easily. I know everything says you need zero except the one that says that dippable ice cream is the right setting. I will go with that.
So I am trying to get the temp settled. I have been going and looking at it every ten minutes and, of course, that heats it up.
I will get settled soon.
So will the freezer.
I am really glad to have it. John picked it out.
Labels: appliances