<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 03, 2011

POULTRY CAPER

This is one way that I miss living in the city.

Chicken Vanishes, Heartbreak Ensues

We too, for awhile, lived a bit on the edge of gentrification and it was a lot of fun.

A few years later, the frontier moved on and we were left with a lot of white gay men like us who were nice enough but didn't quite have the edge.

Just a little bit before, and a lot afterwards, the wave moved and the neighborhood ended up with all white heteros with children.

So much for neighborhood cohesion.

I have had chickens. I know how you can get attached. I loved the eggs but when it came time, I could not face the hatchet. My wife did it for me. An RN who had seen her share of blood and death.

There is nothing like the city where we live now. They call it a city. But no. It is not.

There are chickens though. Illegal as the ones in the article are no doubt illegal. We hear a rooster crow in the morning and it is heaven. The natural world. The divine chicken. A beautiful bird with a great heart.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?