<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 28, 2011

LITTLE

Today's film was the documentary

Babies (2010)

Four babies. One in Africa, another in San Francisco. One in Tokyo and another in Mongolia someplace.

Some stark differences here but, actually, surprisingly, the babies are pretty much the same.

The developmental stuff is so close it is startling.

Beyond that there is terminal cuteness in all this.

I had to wonder what all the shit the Japanese and American kids had made any difference to the kids or their development.

I suppose it made the parents feel better but the Mongolian and African mothers seemed a lot more relaxed.

We don't see much of the fathers in any of the locations. Mostly doing inane activities and looking like they are out of touch.

The film only lasts an hour and 19 minutes. If it was any longer, I would have done an exit.

I think this might be targeted to people who never had kids and want a feel for it.

If you have been a parent you will probably doze off here and there as I did.

I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?