<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 31, 2011

PLAY WITHIN A PLAY

Today's film was

MoliƩre (2007)

This is a film about a slice of the great playwright's life which gets turned into a play. Well, there, I let it out of the bag.

You only need to hear the name Tartuffe in the real life segment to see that it is raw material for a play.

I got this because I am a fan of Romain Duris and have rented a couple of his films just to watch him.

But beyond that, this is a delightful light comedy which, at times, stretches credulity but then that is the nature of comedy.

It also has romance.

I liked it a lot. More than I expected to.

Duris in a costume flick is as effective as Duris in modern dress or undress. Not much of that here however.

I would not mind seeing it again. It was very nicely done.

I will give it a 4 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?