<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 27, 2011

GRAND GUIGNOL FINALE updated*

Today was the last installment of the Red Riding Trilogy.

Red Riding Trilogy-1983 (2009)

There is some reconciliation but not along the lines that would be easy. Some open ends have been closed, others remain open.

There is a lot more torture of suspects in this one and the results of torture are seen.

I think that this is meant to be a bit about the results of torture in the grilling of suspects beyond the north country of England.

It certainly shows us the side where confessions are worthless except for finding a goat to hang.

The corruption of the police as shown here is eye popping.

But one finally gives in and lets go and the son of one of the original cops, now a lawyer, has a hand in bringing the conclusion to a grizzly end.

We left the original star Andrew Garfield long ago but he is here in some flashbacks. He still shines through all the action. Very charismatic.

As I said yesterday, the enduring roles from one episode to the other are the villains and one addled hero, a gay boy.

Spoilers all around here, eh. Don't worry. I have told you nothing.

I would like to see this again someday so I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5. It is certain to be a best for me this year, I can feel it.

*I changed this to a 3. The first episode was great. A 5. The second two not so much. I thought about it during the night and realized that I don't want to watch it again. It is brutal and the pieces don't really fit together in some respects. The graphic violence is sometimes gratuitous.

Funny, huh? I have seldom gone back and down graded a film.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?