<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 09, 2010

STICK TO YOUR RIBS FOOD

It is winter so I am making some beef stew.

I will make three meals of it and then, probably, that will be enough.

It was 75 today and I went to the pool and lay in the sun for twenty minutes.

A paradox?

Somehow, no.

The winter feeling comes upon me anyhow. Weather or not.

I use a spice mix and then vary it. I found precut celery and onion today. They just say to boil it. I have it softening in oil right now.

They don't mention celery.

You can't have a stew without celery.

There are carrots and potatoes to go in the last half hour and then peas for the final five.

I may thicken it a bit.

Not really serious cooking but more serious than I am usually up to these days.

The last few weeks I have added to the menu. I found a good curry recipe so I could eat chutney as I wrote. I got a slice leg of lamb today. No ribs, too fat.

I am going to have chicken ala king. Also clam chowder.

These are also kind of cold weather foods.

So the idea here is that cold weather foods have nothing to do with the cold weather. It is in the position of sun somehow. We are heliotropic. The sun moves south, the culinary tastes changes, yens return from long ago when we lived in cold country and the menu changes come out.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?