<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 04, 2010

INSANITY

I wasted near an hour this morning going to Lowes and then Homodepot for small pots of rosemary.

John got a nice table to put against the eastern wall of the courtyard to hold some greenery and break up the vast space of the wall there.

Rosemary seemed the answer as we had a great trailing set of plants at the old house which endured weather at its most extreme.

So I figured, as it is an ubiquitous desert plant, I could pick some up at one of both of those places.

Two scrawny pots at Lowes and a big 2x2 flat at HomoDepot which was even scrawnier.

So I guess that I am headed back to Moller's which is down valley and has not only high quality plants but good advice if we want to think about an alternative summer pot that isn't rosemary, or cactus.

Right now, I predict that we are going to end up with another cactus table. But perhaps not.

Getting plants for and in the desert is a hazardous business. If you are lucky, they will tell you what will and will not endure the summer.

Most don't. Most don't know.

Of course, as usual, I am expecting too much. It is the new age in service and inventory knowledge. In the name of discounts we have traded out expertise. The people are paid poorly and even when they do have the answers they are not very well motivated to find you what you need or want.

The Wal Marting of America. At least I am sane enough not to even try there.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?